Cedar plank grilling is a home chef’s dream – a virtual test kitchen embodied in a simple cedar plank. While plank grilling is very easy, there are many ways to experiment with this cooking method. Here are some ideas to get you started:
Experiment with flavor
• We’ve told you to soak the plank in plain water. Guess what? You can experiment with that, too! Try mixing one part water with one part of something else – like wine, fruit juice or beer. Use your imagination to create your own special flavoring.
• To enhance the flavor transfer of the cedar into the food, rub the soaked plank with coarse salt.
• Try something easy! Use bottled teriyaki sauce or a vinaigrette salad dressing to season salmon and vegetables.
• For the best results and flavor, do not open the grill lid too often! A closed grill prevents heat loss and flavor-enhancing smoke.
Experiment with variety
• TrueFire Gourmet® Grilling Planks are ideal for grilling salmon on the grill.
• Our grilling planks also work wonders with ribs, chicken, vegetables and fruit. Check out our recipe section for creative ideas to get you started.
• Double-up: try loading a plank with an entrée and a side dish. For example, grilling vegetables alongside salmon is mouthwateringly delicious!
A time-saving tip: If you fall in love with cedar plank grilling and do it frequently, you can pre-soak and freeze the planks ahead of time. The planks defrost quickly when placed on the hot grill!